BASIC PROJECT DATA
Project ID: PA1A139
NEED AND ADDED VALUE FOR THE DANUBE REGION STRATEGY
The project aims to close gaps, to remove bottlenecks and to overcome infrastructural barriers along the Danube waterway network.
OBJECTIVE(S) OF THE PROJECT
The Action aims to implement the Fairway Rehabilitation and Maintenance Master Plan for the Danube and its tributaries by modernising the dredging equipment and fleet of the Slovak Water-management Enterprise (SVP) as well as the Water construction state enterprise (VV) and by removing bottlenecks on the Slovak Danube stretch.
SVP will modernise the chain-bucket excavator and will purchase 2 new belt excavators which will be installed on a floating platform. VV will purchase 1 suction dredger and 1 belt excavator.
The project aims to deliver a list of priority works to be implemented as pilot rehabilitation dredging works to reinstate a good navigation status in the Danube section of the Hrušov reservoir (rkm 1845 to rkm 1868).
PLANNED PROJECT ACTIVITIES
The project consists of five activities:
- Project management, communication and public consultation
- Final design of the dredging works priority measures
- Procurement and delivery of technical equipment to carry out rehabilitation dredging works
- Pilot activities implementation
- Evaluation and recommendation
In the long-term, the project will contribute to increasing the safety and reliability of inland waterway transport along the corridor.
PROJECT BENEFICIARIES / TARGET GROUPS
Shippers, stakeholders, relevant authorities, etc.
STATUS AND TIMEFRAME
Start date: February 2017
End date: December 2020
Total budget: EUR 9,750,000
EU funds: EUR 8,287,500 funded by Connecting Europe Facility (CEF) 2014 – 2020
National funds: EUR 1,462,500
Project beneficiary: Ministry of Transport and Construction of the Slovak Republic
- Slovak Water-management Enterprise (Slovenský vodohospodársky podnik, š.p.)
- Water construction state enterprise (Vodohospodárska výstavba, š.p.)
Data provided by: Miroslava Tegelhoffova (ARVD / Slovakia) – 24.10.2017