BASIC PROJECT DATA
Project ID: PA1A129
NEED AND ADDED VALUE FOR THE DANUBE REGION STRATEGY
Six critical sectors along the Serbian stretch of the Danube constitute an obstacle to navigation during low water periods. The removal of the bottlenecks will strengthen the competitiveness of the Danube as a mode of transport.
OBJECTIVE(S) OF THE PROJECT
The purpose of this project is to execute river training structures and dredging works at six critical locations along the Serbian sector of the Danube between Backa Palanka and Belgrade (rkm 1287 to rkm 1195) in order to improve the navigation conditions during low water periods.
The works have to be executed within a construction period of three years.
The objective of Environmental Monitoring and Supervision is to provide technical assistance services during the river training and dredging works on critical sections along the Serbian stretch of the Danube. The service contractor will undertake the role of the engineer as specified in the FIDIC conditions of contract (Conditions of Contract for Construction for Building and Engineering Works Designed by Employer) and assist the Contracting Authority with coordination, supervision and project as well as site management.
PLANNED PROJECT ACTIVITIES
The project is being implemented through the realisation of two contracts:
1. Hydro-technical and dredging works on the critical sectors on the Danube River
- Dredging and the construction of one detached groyne
- Construction of three bottom sills
- Construction of three chevrons
2. Supervision and environmental monitoring of hydro-technical and dredging works on the critical sectors on the Danube River
- supervision of river training and dredging works, potential implementation of compensation measures
- environmental monitoring before, during and after execution of works: monitoring and evaluation of the effects of river training and dredging works on the environment and proposal of compensation measures
The whole inland navigation sector in the Danube Region will benefit from the planned measures. Resolved bottlenecks in one sector of the Danube have a positive impact on all Danube riparian states involved in inland navigation.
PROJECT BENEFICIARIES / TARGET GROUPS
The users of the waterway are the main beneficiaries of the project.
STATUS AND TIMEFRAME
Start date: 01.06.2017
End date: 01.06.2020
Total budget: 14,100,000 EUR (for both contracts)
EU funds: 11,985,000 EUR are funded by Instrument for Pre-Accession Assistance (IPA) – National Programme 2013
National funds: 2,115,000 EUR
Project leader: MCTI – Directorate for Inland Waterway (Plovput) / Serbia
Address: Francuska 9, 11000 Belgrade / Serbia
There are no additional partners involved.
PROJECT CROSS – REFERENCE
- preceding project: Preparation of Necessary Documentation for River Training and Dredging Works on selected locations along the Danube River in Serbia (PA1A021)
- FAIRway Danube (PA1A108)
- TEN-T Rhine Danube Corridor Work Plan
- Master Plan and Feasibility Study for Inland Waterway Transport in Serbia
- Inland Waterway Transport Strategy for the Republic of Serbia for the period 2015-2025
- Action plan for the Inland Waterway Transport Strategy for the Republic of Serbia for the period 2015-2020
- Law on navigation and ports on inland waterways, Law on Environmental Impact Assessment, Law on Waters
- The project is managed according to the PRAG rules and RED Book of FIDIC Conditions of Contract
- Council Regulation (EC) No. 1085/2006 of 17 July 2006 establishing an Instrument for Pre-Accession Assistance (IPA) – OJL 210/82 of 31.07.2006
Data provided by: Ivan Mitrovic (Plovput) – 06.02.2017