BASIC PROJECT DATA
Project ID: PA1A056
NEED AND ADDED VALUE FOR THE DANUBE REGION STRATEGY
The development of railways in the river–maritime area of Constanta Port increased the accessibility of the port, decreased travel time for cargo and sustained the development of efficient multimodal terminals.
OBJECTIVE(S) OF THE PROJECT
The project aimed at building a complex railways system (railroad yard) in the river-maritime sector to supply optimal and uniform services for current and future port operators.
CONDUCTED PROJECT ACTIVITIES
The railroad yard station has 3 tracks for the reception of trains from the Romanian railways network, 12 tracks for the handling of carriages, their separation for the port operators and 2 tracks for the review and repair of the carriages.
The project increased the accessibility of the Port of Constanta, the connection with the hinterland and will help the development of efficient multimodal terminals in the area of Constanta port.
PROJECT BENEFICIARIES / TARGET GROUPS
- Forwarding companies
- Port operators
STATUS AND TIMEFRAME
Start date: 2012
End date: 2015
The project is already concluded.
Total budget: about 17,500,000 EUR
EU funds: about 12,120,000 EUR (69.25%) were funded by Operational Programme ‘Transport’ (SOPT) 2007–2013 (ERDF)
National funds: about 5,380,000 EUR (30.75%)
Project leader: Maritime Ports Administration Constanta / Romania
Address: Incinta Port Constanta, Gara Maritima cod 900900; Constanta / Romania
No additional partners were involved.
PROJECT CROSS – REFERENCE
- Completion of the North breakwater in the Constanta Port (PA1A055)
- Road bridge at km 0+540 of the Danube–Black Sea Canal and the works related to the road and access infrastructure for the Port of Constanta (PA1A057)
- Constanta South Bridge (PA1A058)
- Strategy for sustainable development on the period 2007-2013 and 2020, 2030 approved by Minister of Transport Order no. 508/2008
- White Paper Roadmap to a Single European Transport Area – Towards a competitive and resource efficient transport system COM(2011) 144 final
- Decision No 661/2010/EU of the European Parliament and of the Council of 7 July 2010 on Union guidelines for the development of the trans-European transport network
- Low no. 203/2003 regarding the guidelines for the creating, development and modernization of transport network of national and international importance
Data provided by: Cristina Cuc, Monica Patrichi (Ministry of Transport and Infrastructure, Romania) – 13.09.2011
Last update by: Monica Patrichi (Ministry of Transport, Romania) – 01.08.2017