BASIC PROJECT DATA
Project ID: PA1A057
NEED AND ADDED VALUE FOR THE DANUBE REGION STRATEGY
The works were related to the building of a bridge over the Danube–Black Sea Canal as well as to the various access roads, ramps and passageways related to the bridge.
OBJECTIVE(S) OF THE PROJECT
The project was necessary for connecting the Constanţa Port to the Bucharest–Constanţa highway (A2) and for establishing a direct link between the Northern and the Southern part of the Constanta Port.
CONDUCTED PROJECT ACTIVITIES
- Building of a bridge over the Danube–Black Sea Canal
- Various access roads, ramps and passageways related to the bridge
The project increased the accessibility of the Port of Constanta, the connection with the hinterland and will help the development of efficient multimodal terminals in the area of Constanta port.
PROJECT BENEFICIARIES / TARGET GROUPS
- Forwarding companies
- Port operators
- Other port community actors
STATUS AND TIMEFRAME
Start date: 2010
End date: 2016
The project is already concluded.
Total budget: 49,430,000 EUR
EU funds: 42,015,500 EUR were funded by Operational Programme ‘Transport’ (SOPT) 2007–2013 (ERDF)
National funds: 7,414,500 EUR
Project leader: Maritime Ports Administration Constanta / Romania
Address: Incinta Port Constanta, 900900 Gara Maritima / Romania
No additional partners were involved.
PROJECT CROSS – REFERENCE
- Completion of the North breakwater in the Constanta Port (PA1A055)
- Development of the railways capacity in the river-maritime area of the Port of Constanta (PA1A056)
- Constanta South Bridge (PA1A058)
- Strategy for sustainable development on the period 2007-2013 and 2020, 2030 approved by Minister of Transport Order no. 508/2008
- White Paper Roadmap to a Single European Transport Area – Towards a competitive and resource efficient transport system COM(2011) 144 final
- Decision No 661/2010/EU of the European Parliament and of the Council of 7 July 2010 on Union guidelines for the development of the trans-European transport network
- Low no. 203/2003 regarding the guidelines for the creating, development and modernization of transport network of national and international importance
Data provided by: Monica Patrichi (Ministry of Transport, Romania) – 26.07.2017